Sunday, April 06, 2008

So medical school is over.

Yep, that's right. I celebrated my MD day--the day I have all of the qualifications it takes to be a doctor--on Monday, which is when I took my last exam for med school. And it feels good. Real good. I graduate May 16 and start my residency at the University of Maryland in June. It's kinda scary to think about taking on all the responsibility of a doctor, especially when there's so much more to learn. But that's medicine for you: you're never finished learning, and you're constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone. Well, here goes!

7 comments:

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

Congratulations! You will be a wonderful doctor with your compassion and sense of humor. Way to go! (And sorry I deleted my earlier comment--it had a spelling error that I didn't feel was worthy to be posted on a blog called "English Major, M.D.")

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh, and I forgot to say congratulations! That, my friend, is truly awesome. Good luck with your residency!

Cathy said...

Good for you for making it this far. I wish I could have sent you this successful moment back when you were still questioning whether you should apply to med school and having me comment on application essays that shared your experience with Mont and Vivian. I'm somehow sure they're smiling at you now too--but they're probably happiest about you continuing to be a solid person of worth. You will do good (which is different from doing well--which you've just done!)

Cathy said...

And I'd let you be my children's doctor any day.

Unknown said...

Did you get accepted to medical school with a major in English? I'd like to talk to you about it because I'm going down the same path. I'd appreciate it a lot.
pakiballer415@sbcglobal.net

Sean

Chellama said...

Hey, I'm also interested in doing an english major, and then going to medical school..preferably within the Canadian borders..specifically Mcmaster's medical school is my dream! I was wondering if you could tell me more about your journey, and just any helpful hints. Thanks in advance!