Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Conversation starters

Enough with the dark posts for now (just wait until you get my post on working in the county jail!). Once I was at a party, and in a sudden flash of inspiration I stated with great confidence the theory that any conversation can be jumpstarted by talking about (1) bunnies or (2) peanut butter. I've had less success with bunnies as a conversation starter, but peanut butter does seem to work as an interesting topic of discussion. Creamy or crunchy? Natural or regular? Which brand? With jelly, jam, bananas, honey, apples, or celery? So, here's your topic, commenters. Tell me what you have to say about bunnies or peanut butter.

6 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

All I can say is that reduced fat peanut butter is NOT worth it. Just.

No, it isn't.

For pity's sake. Live a little. And enjoy your peanut butter sandwiches.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

You could talk about peanut butter-filled chocolate bunnies and have all your bases covered.

Christian said...

I like the way you think, Kim. Sounds like the perfect Easter candy, although it has nothing on those Reeses eggs. I assume that is what chickens lay in heaven.

Cathy said...

For the past few days, I've been answering to "Mommie Rabbit". And Morgan does not like call the aforementioned animals bunnies.

More things to make people cackle from my three year old:

"But I LIKE to pillage." (Arrr)

"Indeed."

"As a matter of fact, I actually..."

Bleh. There are more. I just am suffering from petrified cranium problems. My leetle grey cells are becoming ossified.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I love Morgan's command of the Queen's English. My kind of guy. My mom loves to tell about the time I went to play at a kindergarten friend's house, and when her mom offered me a peanut butter sandwich I told her in all earnestness, "I would prefer tuna or ham."

I've since made peace with peanut butter, in case you're wondering.

Alphawolf said...

I just wanted to tell you that I used peanut butter as a ice breaker, and it works! You're awesome!